An external or internal decorative or structural feature
A hollow column, with a smooth surface, that’s available in a classic or tapered profile, and that can be coupled with various capitals and bases, and be site-painted or rendered to create a wide range of looks from classical to contemporary.
Create classic or contemporary attractive focal points
Artista® columns can be used as an external or internal decorative or structural* feature around entrances, patios, pools and entertainment areas.
Come in a range of sizes and profiles for maximum design flexibility
- The column and accessories come in a range of sizes and profiles for maximum design flexibility, and can be site-painted or rendered to create a variety of looks. To add to this, its hollow structure may be used to conceal unsightly services and structural posts.
- The column fixing bracket accessory makes retrofitting columns onto verandas easy. The process involves fixing the brackets to the floor and roof beam, jacking the roof up by 30mm, inserting the column and lowering the roof back onto the column.
- They can be used in both load-bearing and non-load-bearing applications.* To add to this, some profiles can be joined end to end for extra height using the joining sleeve accessory.
- Artista columns are resistant to damage from termites, rot and fire.*
Artista® column Installation diagram
Note: All dimensions and masses provided are approximate only and subject to manufacturing tolerances. Masses are based on equilibrium moisture content of product.
* When installed and maintained correctly and to the extent set out in James Hardie’s published literature current at the time of installation. † Tapering in column begins 900mm from bottom.