"The first and only Australian fibre cement manufacturer with GECA certified fibre cement building products."
Barry Gordon, Good Environmental Choice Australia, July 2014
Testament to its commitment to sustainability, James Hardie has a selection of environmentally sustainable, commercial internal building products, that are now certified by Australia’s only independent, not-for-profit, multi-sector eco labelling program - GECA (Good Environmental Choice Australia).
GECA’s transparent certification program:
- Helps specifiers to choose from thousands of certified products and services for use in commercial applications.
- Helps specifiers have confidence about these products’ level of impact on the environment and human health and how they address important social considerations throughout their entire life cycle.
- Develops standards against which products and services can be independently audited by JAS-ANZ accredited conformance assessment bodies.
- Is recognized by the Green Building Council of Australia and helps commercial buildings earn points needed for Green Star certification.
GECA’s standards are:
- Developed following ISO 14024 principles for global best practice in eco-labeling.
- Formed based on public demand, via a development process that is transparent, consistent, and includes consultation with stakeholders, industry, experts and the general public.
- Rigorous, scientific and relevant to key Australian industries.
- Designed to reward top performing products and services, and are internationally recognised through GECA’s membership of the Global Eco-labeling Network.
GECA’s Panel Board Standard GECA 04-2011 v2:
- Is currently the only GECA standard that is applicable to James Hardie® products.
Includes a range of panel board products used for commercial interior fit-out applications such as interior paneling and as a component of furniture (it excludes exterior cladding, for which there is currently no GECA standard).
James Hardie's Environmental Choice Australia License was granted in July 2014, under GECA’s Panel Board Standard for the following James Hardie® building products:
To see our GECA license click here http://www.geca.org.au/products/licensees/james-hardie-australia/
The James Hardie® Product Reuse Guide
This guide outlines a range of applications in which our GECA certified interior building products may be reused. Download the guide here.
For more information on what James Hardie® products are made from click here: