An internal structural flooring substrate
A heavy-duty but lightweight structural sheet flooring substrate that does double duty – it can be easily used for tile, vinyl and carpet finishes over timber or steel floor joists in both residential general interiors and wet areas. Simple and fast to install, Scyon™ Secura™ interior flooring is the easiest way to get top protection against moisture damage to all interior floors.
Protects against all internal flooring moisture damage
Scyon™ Secura™ interior flooring can be used as a substrate for direct fixing of tiles, vinyl and carpet in residential floors and wet areas, as an alternative to particle board, plywood or compressed fibre cement.
No need for pre-drilling and screwing
- Secura™ interior flooring can be up to 40% faster to install than conventional compressed fibre cement sheet. This is because it’s made from Scyon™ which is about 24% lower in density than compressed fibre cement, making it lighter, and easier to handle and install, without compromising heavy-duty performance. In fact, there’s no need for pre-drilling and screwing, because it can be gun nailed and is easy to cut like timber. It’s also tongue and grooved. This edge delivers an engineered joint, eliminates the need for timber trimmers under these joints, and is compatible with other flooring products of the same thickness.
- The moisture-resistant sealer on all sides combined with the moisture-resistant properties of Scyon™, removes the need for full floor waterproofing outside enclosed shower areas. And unlike some timber products, tiles and vinyl can be directly fixed without the need for an underlay sheet.
- Secura™ interior flooring is resistant to damage from moisture, so if rain holds you up during construction and the roof’s not yet on**, the product won’t need replacing or sanding because its warped and twisted, like some timber products*. This resistance to moisture damage also means that if there is a waterproofing failure some time in the future, then the Secura™ interior flooring will continue to perform, even if it gets wet. The strong, no-squeak feel of Secura™ interior flooring also gives a solid impression without the weight and cost of concrete.
- Secura™ interior flooring is made from Scyon™, the advanced lightweight cement composite with the heavy-duty performance. Not only is it resistant to damage from termites, rot and fire*, it can also be gun nailed and is easy to cut – like timber.
Scyon™ Secura™ interior flooring Installation Diagram
* When installed and maintained correctly and to the extent set out in James Hardie’s published literature current at the time of installation.
** Exposure to the elements should not be longer than three months.