The industry standard for internal wall and ceiling lining
Villaboard® lining is a flat sheet with long edges recessed for flush jointing. Sanded smooth, Villaboard has a seamless flat surface that can be painted, wallpapered or tiled to create a wide range of design looks.
Suitable for all wet area lining
As an internal wall and ceiling lining in bathrooms, laundries, kitchens and high-traffic areas in residential, medium-density and commercial buildings, where a durable wet area lining or a durable, seamless flat surface is required for tiles, wallpaper or paint. It can be used on either timber or light gauge steel framed buildings.
Greater tensile bond strength, greater tile adhesion
- Because of its homogeneous composition, Villaboard lining has much greater tensile bond strength than plasterboard, which gives greater tile adhesion. Its tensile bond strength is up to 75% greater than wet area plasterboard when dry, and 300% greater when wet.
- The high impact resistance of Villaboard lining, compared to plasterboard, makes it the smart choice for high-traffic areas that are prone to wear and tear. To add to this, if a tiler makes a mistake when tiling, the homogeneous nature of Villaboard lining means they can chip the back of the tile off without damaging the substrate.
- It’s suitable for use in fire-rated and acoustically rated systems.+ To add to this, the 6mm thick sheet can also be used as internal bracing.*
- The key requirement of linings used in wet areas is superior resistance to moisture damage in the event that the material gets wet. Reduced tile adhesion is one of the main problems moisture penetration causes. Made from James Hardie fibre cement, Villaboard lining is homogeneously resistant to moisture damage, which means that even if the materials does get wet, it won’t deform or lose its structural integrity, like many other materials.** In both commercial and residential applications, this means less call backs for costly rectifications resulting from moisture damage. To add to this, independent tests on Villaboard lining, conducted in accordance with ASTM D3273-00, concluded that there was no mould growth and resulted in a perfect rating of 10. Villaboard lining is resistant to damage from termites, rot and fire.**
Villaboard® lining Installation diagram
* When installed in accordance with James Hardie’s Structural Bracing Application Guide.
** When installed and maintained correctly and to the extent set out in James Hardie’s published literature current at the time of installation.
+ Refer to the current Fire and Acoustically rated walls Manuals for further information.